We have some great news! More Than Two is now available for pre-order through Ingram and Baker & Taylor, two major book databases. That means that libraries and bookstores can start ordering the book–but first, they need to know about it! And for that, we need your help.
Nearly all libraries allow patrons to suggest a purchase. If you’d like to see our book in your local library, please take a moment to let them know. Here’s how:
- Google your local library and go to their website.
- Look for a link that says something like “Suggest a purchase.”
- Sometimes it’s hard to find. If so, try looking in the contact section of the site, or searching the catalogue for “More Than Two”–if it doesn’t turn up, you may get the link to a suggestion form. You may also need to just email your library directly.
- Fill in the data and submit!
- If you’re a student or professor, don’t forget to put in a request to your university library.
Here’s some of the stuff they might ask for:
- Title: More Than Two: A practical guide to ethical polyamory
- Author: Franklin Veaux and Eve Rickert
- Publication date: September 2, 2014
- Publisher: Thorntree Press
- Format: Print book/paperback
- ISBN: 978-0-9913997-0-3
They may ask you to tell them why they should buy it. Here are some key selling points:
- Timeliness: With polyamory emerging all over the mainstream media, from shows like Showtime’s Polyamory: Married and Dating to high-profile celebrity open marriages, demand is high for practical information on polyamorous living.
- Author recognition: Franklin Veaux has one of the oldest and highest-ranked polyamory sites on the Web, with over 10,000 hits per month and a #2 Google search ranking. The Indiegogo campaign to fund the book drew 455 supporters and over $22,000.
- Practical and comprehensive: From managing jealousy to coming out to the kids, opening from a long-monogamous couple to dating as a free agent, this book provides concrete, real-life examples of a host of poly problems and a toolkit for dealing with them.
- Controversial and groundbreaking: More Than Two is the first book to propose a coherent ethical framework for polyamory, flying in the face of many established practices and overturning long-held beliefs.
Feel free to add your own!
Thank you for your help. Let’s get this book out there!